Saturday, 22 August 2015

Vanessa Hudgens Reveals Her Father's Stage 4 Cancer Battle.


Actress Vanessa Hudgens opened up about her father Greg's battle with cancer on Wednesday when she spoke at the 2015 Industry Dance Awards and Cancer Benefit Show at the Avalon in Hollywood. The event, which was held to benefit The Circle of Hope, a charity that supports dancers who survive cancer, honored Vanessa with the award for breakthrough performer. During her acceptance speech, Vanessa spoke candidly about how cancer has affected her and her boyfriend of four years, actor Austin Butler.

"Last year, my boyfriend, Austin, lost his mom, Lori, to cancer, and my dad has just been recently diagnosed with stage four cancer. Let me tell you, I hate cancer. I hate cancer with every cell of my being. If you would have asked me two years ago what I thought of cancer, I would have said, 'Man, you know, it sucks. It's a horrible disease.' But that's only because I had not been faced with it personally."

Vanessa, who first revealed her father's illness via Instagram earlier this Summer with a cute photo of them together, then dedicated the award to Greg, Lori, and "all the families out there who are struggling with this, because it really takes a strong person and a strong family to be able to help those out who are going through this."

No comments: